January 2018 sees the launch of our new training centre at the MAXON UK offices in Bedfordshire. We offer a range of courses, from beginner to advanced level. We also cover bespoke training and online training, and even my personal favourite course, lunch!
It's been a while since we have been able to offer in-house training here at MAXON UK, but it's back and ready to roll. Not only is it back, but we've put the training centre in its own private office so you can train with minimal distraction. We've also moved to a super-duper projector setup and ideal desk layout, so viewing my computer screen is easy and natural. No crooked necks from training here!
Who's Doing the Training?
Well, that would be me! I've been using Cinema 4D for coming up to 18 years now, from before it even had an edge mode!
Before starting at MAXON UK a year ago, I was a college lecturer, educating anyone I could find from the ages of 16 up to degree level in the disciplines of animation, illustration and games design. With my focus being 3D, Cinema 4D was my main weapon of choice. It's such an incredibly intuitive piece of software that I could get students with no previous experience of 3D producing their own 3D-printable chess pieces within five weeks.
Cinema 4D produces professional results incredibly fast. Its vast array of preset scene files are not just great for dragging and dropping into your scenes, but you can dive into those preset scenes and deconstruct them to find out how they were put together. That's a learning experience in itself.
Above all, I really enjoy helping people to get the most out of their creative software, in this instance, Cinema 4D.
What Courses Are Available?
If you're new to the software and need to get going, or if you're a current Cinema 4D artist wanting to upskill or have a specific focus, then we have a range of courses to suit your needs.
- Beginner - New to Cinema 4D and looking to get going with a general all-rounder? This three-day course takes you through the basics of modelling, sculpting, animation, texturing, lighting, rendering and MoGraph.
- Intermediate - Taking a deeper delve into various areas of Cinema 4D, this course looks at dynamics and simulations, particles, lighting, 2D compositing, XPresso and Physical Render.
- Advanced - Fancy getting into character animation? This course sees you sculpting your own detail into a character base mesh followed by rigging, weighting, UV mapping, texturing, animation, motion tracking of background footage and, finally, compositing it all together.
- Bespoke - It's all down to you! If you have a particular focus or goal you wish to achieve, then this might be a better option for you. After a discussion with me about what you want to do, I'll do my best to come up with a course that's relevant and covers what you want to know.
- Online - Need some quick training on very specific areas, or need help starting up? This training is booked by the hour and takes place remotely using our online training software, which gives you access to my screen to watch what I do and how I would set up or tackle certain things.
- Project Services - Don't want help in Cinema 4D and just want someone to do it for you? Then we offer our project assistance package, also booked by the hour.
Now, as much as I'd love to be omnipotent in Cinema 4D, it's a huge program and most people use just a small fraction of it. Like any Cinema 4D user, I have gaps in my knowledge. So before booking any online training, project assistance or bespoke training, please email me to discuss your needs at email@example.com or give me a call on 0333 772 0444.
Why Train At MAXON UK?
Well, as I mentioned before, I've been using and teaching Cinema 4D for a very long time. Whilst the software is intuitive, the subject of 3D is very complicated. So over the years, I've learned various ways to best help people learn how to work in 3D. If you train with me, I'll keep things as simple and understandable as possible. Scenes are deliberately kept simple, so that you learn the main principles and go away with a solid understanding of the subjects being taught, that you can use in countless scenes in the future.
With the new training centre, it's a very private and quiet environment. Getting out of your office to ours ensures that you won't be distracted and can focus on learning the software. We've also made sure that the layout is very comfortable. You can look straight ahead to see a projection of my screen, on a powerful, crisp projector. We've also limited the maximum number of attendees to four. We find that any more than that is counter-productive.
What's That About Lunch?
They say there's no such thing as a free lunch, and it's true. But if you book to spend a day with us here, then the least we can do is provide you with one. Sourced from our fabulous local bakery, the buffet lunch suits your dietary needs. There's also a tempting selection of snack food and drinks available throughout the day.
Training Hours and Availability
Training is currently available from Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 4:30pm, with an hour for buffet lunch, if held at our offices.
Our new training centre can be found right next to our MAXON UK office at:
5a Doolittle Mill
By Car - That's about 15 minutes from either Junction 12 or 13 of the M1.
By Train - Flitwick railway station is around one hour from London St Pancras International. Once you arrive, we're a five-minute taxi ride away.
If you want to stay in a hotel, then there are several in the local area. Particularly nice is Flitwick Manor, but other hotels are available.
On-site training is available but do please note, travel and accommodation expenses will be added to any training cost.
How Do I Book?
To book and for more info, please click the button below: